Friday, January 06, 2006

Friends and little things

I’ve had a really rough couple weeks...
That’s an understatement.

And though I always really miss my best friends, there are times, like this week, when I just miss them a whole heck of a lot more. I miss THEM. I miss the feeling of having friends. I miss really knowing people, and really loving people. Not that that has changed, I guess I just mean people within arms reach, people you SEE every week. I miss inside jokes, and doing little stuff for them, seeing them smile, just hanging out.... Being part of another person's life. But I guess I also just miss being loved too. Or, I should say rather, being known and loved....it is something entirely different when someone KNOWS you, and loves you.
I miss the feeling that someone else actually WANTS to see me...and that I'm not the perpetual pebel in someone else's shoe.

Today though, I got an unexpected e-mail from an unexpected friend here. It was little. All it said was “WELCOME HOME!!!”. But, it did more to brighten my week than I’m sure they will ever know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home