Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February the 14th

I have never been one of those girls that HATED Valentines Day, but neither have I ever really loved it. Growing up I used to feel badly for my mom, seeing my father’s lack of effort in doing something special for her. So I would try and get my brothers in on a small plot to try and make her feel special. She was always grateful, but inside I still felt a profound sadness. There are too many people that go through the day, silence echoing louder than normal in the spaces where love should be found.

I am definitely not big on the whole consumer driven approach that our society advertises, which almost seems to convey that love must be (or can be) purchased. But beneath it all, the underlying purpose of Valentine’s Day remains: it is an open and very BLUNT invitation to show someone you care about that you love them.

...Oh wondrous affair that should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home