Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The overflow of disorganized thoughts: part 1

Something that Tim Baily said in a sermon the other week just hit me. About "opting in vs opting out" of salvation. I always thought of it as opting in, you know, by repenting and asking God to forgive me I was opting into salvation. But it isn't something we opt into. It's something we opt out of. Jesus died. On the cross. For you. For me. He has already paid for our sins. I didn't get it before. I didn't get that He has ALREADY paid for our sins. Our asking for forgiveness, our accepting God's grace, doesn't send Jesus to the cross to pay for our sins. He already went! It's an unchangeable fact. JESUS ALREADY DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS SO THAT I COULD KNOW THE LORD, SO THAT I COULD KNOW MY SAVIOUR, AND SPEND FOREVER WITH HIM. I didn't get it. It's already done! It's finished! JESUS ALREADY PAID THE PRICE FOR MY SINS!! By refusing God's grace I am opting out of this forgiveness. I am refusing something already paid for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home