Saturday, July 01, 2006

Frustrated with shallow

Last weekend was good. I had a couple of much needed days off work, so I took a mini-vacation and went to hang out with some people I really like. Went swimming, laughed, relaxed some, sat around a campfire, looked at the stars…and took a bit of time just to BE, and to think.

I’m frustrated with my inability to magically manipulate time, my inability to add more hours to the day, or just not sleep. Silly, I know. I guess the thing that is actually bothering me is that I’ve been feeling really superficial lately. So shallow. Selfish.

That’s probably what I hate most about being so busy for an extended period of time…no time/energy to think about anything beyond the extremely superficial, no time/energy to sort through crap in my head...and in my heart, no time/energy for people, for God, for relationships...for things that matter A LOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home