Thursday, May 15, 2008

The end of the school year

Do you know what I hate most about the end of the school year? I hate sorting through all my notes and projects! If I am honest with myself, I can say about any given assignment that 1) I don’t need it anymore, and 2) it is really boring and dry, and I will probably never look at it again. All it does is take up space. So I arbitrarily pick up an assignment from its somewhat inappropriate and chaotic home on my bedroom floor, I hold it in my hand, I stare at it (for far too long I am sure) and concentrate on being sane and logical and then, as if snapped out of a trance, I quickly throw it out before I can change my mind. Sometimes when I am sorting my school stuff I feel like I am throwing my life away. I mean, some projects take days to finish, essays take hours and hours to write, class notes take months to accumulate – and in less than a minute I can dispose of all (note slight exaggeration) evidence that declares I was actually alive that year, that I worked hard, and that I was not in fact laying in a coma. I find the entire process painful.

It is always a good reminder for me though, that the things we invest the majority of our time in become the heart and soul of our lives in a way. I am not saying that what I learn in school is not important or that the assignments aren’t necessary, I am just saying that in the end, what we invest our time in is not a trivial matter. I want my life to be invested in something that is meaningful and lasting and can’t be put in the recycling box by a half crazed university student who is getting ready to move.

Did I mention that I am thrilled to be done school for the summer?! :P

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

In a strange and peculiar way, yes you did say you were happy to be done school. Happy because you reclaimed your bed room floor :-)

Love Ya

 
At Sunday, June 01, 2008 6:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my blog fue redireccionado, entonces debes cambiar su dirrecion.
How are you friend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home